forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Subversion commit mails
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:00:05 GMT
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:

>  > > Why do we need to kept the generated web site under svn?
>  >
>  > One very good reason is that it can be restored
>  > immediately and painlessly if something goes foobar with
>  > the website (e.g. a break-in or accidental trashing).
>  > cd /www/forrest.apache.org/; svn update
>
> Is regenerating so difficult? :-)

Yes, for others that don't even have Java installed it it; furthermore
it keeps history of the files forever, even when Forrest will not be
there anymore to generate the site.

This is a requirement from infrastructure@apache.org.

> Just holding the original (xml) data in SVN should be enough.
> Then you´ll just only commit mails per data-change ...

We don't necessarily want the site updated at every source commit.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -