forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: release candidate
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:31:04 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Do we want to have a forrest-0.6-RC1?  Do we want to release it now?

I think that we should squat all the known assigned bugs [1] before
releasing.
Actually, I wouldn't be doing a RC, as we are still using a 0.x
numbering, and things are not *that* stable.

> I think if we're going to have one we should do it now because we're
> getting pretty close.  If we give the RC a couple weeks for people to
> test, we should be able to close up any remaining bugs.

We can fix the bugs we know we have, release, and then fix the bugs that
come out.

Here is how we could do:

                                    -branchs for 0.7 features---|-|-|\
(trunk) -->fix bugs-->release0.6--/------------>release0.6.1---|-|-|--->

That means using the trunk as the current stable forrest, as we have
said before. We fix the bugs for 0.6 [1], then release and fix the bugs
that will come, on the trunk.

In the meantime, we branch for the extra features that will go in 0.7.
In two weeks we do a 0.6.1 with the fixes, and then can start merging
the working features into the trunk.

Then we start again a merge freeze before 0.7...  etc etc

> A prerequisite
> for an RC would be the upgrading document, however.

+1 (substitute RC->release)

> And a prerequisite for the final release would be forrest.apache.org all
> set up.

+1

[1]http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=priority&resolutionIds=-1&pid=10000&fixfor=10030

             - verba volant, scripta manent -