forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: FYI: switching to krysalis-site in trunk
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 09:06:08 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> My first comment is about the move of documents into
> the /docs/ directory.
> We have many links out there that will be broken by this.
> Sure we can probably set up fancy Apache httpd re-write
> rules. However is there any need for the move? Would we be
> able to have those documents on a "Documentation" tab,
> but still have them at the same URLs?

If we want to grow, we cannot keep on having the docs all in a big fat
root IMO. Besides, there's not many files that have moved, we can put
them in htaccess quite easily.

BTW, This highlights that we should devise a way to move docs without
having to break links.

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -