forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why does forrest copy stuff to /webapp?
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:17:45 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:
>
>> Now forrest suddenly has started using the build/webapp dir as a base
>> for forrest/run.
>>
>> Is this because of commit 20891?
>
> yes, it is..
>
>> Please, no more copying around! If we need to put indexes or logs in
>> the build dir, it's ok, but not the whole webapp! :-/
>
> Nicola. It is not the whole webapp. Just src/core/context I will look
> for a way to reduce this to the minimum.

Shucks, it should not be to a minimum, it should simply not be there...
Why does it have to be like this? Maybe I can help you remove this.

I would have appreciated though that you had told us about this change,
as it's a regression, and the trunk should never have deliberate
regressions.

> We should be aware of the "Filesystem Hierarchy Standard"[1] as well so
> we make forrest more easy to migrate to something like debian.
>
> [1] http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html

I don't think it's relevant for us, nor important, as Java is OS agnostic.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -