forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Skin names and skin cleaning
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 09:19:12 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>>
>>...In terms of similarities with the krysalis-site the
>>*main* difference is that I used div's instead of tables! I think it
>>much nicer that way to get controll over placing and style of the page
>>due to the fact that I now only have to change the css.  This way the
>>site can look totally different without any major trouble. Even the
>>placing of the images can be alter easy without touching the xsl's.
>>...that can be even handled by our web-designer ;-) without any
>>explanation. ->SOC
>
> Well this is a big difference between the skins then.
> Elsewhere in this thread Nicola Ken referred to krysalis-site
> as 'our last "table layout" based skin'.
>
> So perhaps this lenya skin is needed as another fundamental type.

Hmmm... then it's a whs-like internal layout with a krysalis-site-like
appearance.

I really think that having an extra skin doesn't make sense in the long
run, but I do think that it totally makes sense that one of our skins
should be "skinnable" like this one.

How far is
   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/
from
   http://www.exclupen.com/misc/forrest/xhtml-css/index.html
?

I mean, would it be ok for lenya to usr the whs skin with the current
lenya colors and the enhancements that we will pour in there from
current krysalis-site?

I want to have a single css skin if possible, and have everyone
concentrate on that. We can choose whs and have lenya use that, or
viceversa.

In this way we will have tigris-style that is basically enhanced by
Tigris (I use exactly the same css files), the css skin and the last
tabled-based one.

What do others think/prefer as a CSS skin?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -