forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Skin names and skin cleaning
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 07:04:16 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 10:00:09AM -0400, Dave Brondsema wrote:
>
>>Is 'template' maintained?  If not, using other skins as a starting point
>>would probably be better for skin designers and we should get rid of the
>>'template' skin.
>
> Back when it was written, 'template' was the bare minimum structure any
> skin needed to be functional.  Unless the 'contract' between skin writers
> and Forrest has changed, it should still be current and doesn't need
> maintenance.

IMHO keeping a template with the minimum required is not what one would
want to start with when skinning, and history has shown us that most if
not all skins are derivations from the complete skins.

Furthermore, the fact that is /should/ not need maintainance does not
need that it won't need it. Sinc nobody checks, we could easily ship
with a broken template skin.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -