forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject New skin layout for 0.7? (was Re: Generating .js resources using .js.xslt stylesheets...?)
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 22:15:39 GMT
Bart Guijt wrote:
> From: "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicolaken@apache.org>
>>Something like:
>>
>>       <map:match pattern="*.xslt.js">
>>         <map:generate src="cocoon://abs-menulinks"/>
>>         <map:transform
>>    src="{forrest:context}/skins/{forrest:skin}/scripts/{0}.js.xslt"/>
>>          <map:serialize type="text"
>>                         mime-type="application/x-javascript"/>
>>       </map:match>
> To me it seems that the suggested solution does the job well --
> perhaps aggregating other singleton-like sources (e.g. skinconf.xml)
> would be sufficient for other javascript files as well, so this could
> be a standard out-of-the-box feature of Forrest for all skins...

Probably it's just as simple as this, by aggregating as we do with the
content before xslt processing. Actually it would be consistent to make
all xslt files have the same aggregation at hand, so that they can do
anything with it.

Currently a skin has:

css
images
scripts (javascript)
xslt
  /fo
  /html
  /svg

We should redefine this for 0.7 and make this simple rule:

                 **name.ext        ->  skin/{0}name.ext
  aggregation -> **name.ext.xslt   ->  skin/{0}name.ext
  aggregation -> ext.xslt          ->  request.ext

So it becomes:

css/
   page.css
   forrest.css.xslt
images/
   project.png
   group.svg.xslt
scripts/
   script.js
   script.js.xslt

fo.xslt
html.xslt
svg.xslt

In this way we can mix this with the new xslt2 stuff and have the final
new skin format, with a single way of getting the information needed in
the presentation.

WDOT?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -