forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] Skin names and skin cleaning
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 13:39:00 GMT

Our current actively  supported skins are forrest-site, krysalis-site
and tigris-style.

I would like to change these names to make them indipendent of the sites
that use them. In particular, I want to switch Forrest into using the
krysalis skin with it's usual colors, as it's a bit better underneath
because of the greater use of CSS and colorability.

This would leave us with two skins: tigris-style and krysalis-site...
but it's at least wierd that forrest uses a krysalis skin. Overmore we
may want to change soon.

So, what about simply supporting two skins for now, and giving them new
names? (suggestions welcome)

As a third skin, and as the one we would use in the future, I would like
to see something like this, of the author kindly donates it :-)

   http://whs.winnacunnet.k12.nh.us/
   http://www.exclupen.com/projects/whs/
   http://www.exclupen.com/misc/forrest/xhtml-css/index.html

The third like is about how it would look like with the current color
scheme, but I would like the other one, it's more light and fresh.

Of course, Forrest should be backwards compatible, and still accept the
old skin names as parameters, so that the sites won't break, although
issuing a notice.

So, the proposal is to have, for 0.6, only two skins (krysalis-site and
tigris-style) in Forrest with new fancy names, and maintain
compatibility with the old skin names. Then accept a new skin for
Forrest and release other versions with the new skin, strongly based on CSS.

WDOT?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -