forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVG from skinconf issues
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2004 16:11:33 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> In any case, I am starting to believe that the for: system should be
> used also in the skins instead of the xslt used now where possible.
>
> Also, this could fix the problem we have with css files not being
> traversed.
>
>  <for:text>
>     css file stuff..
>     ... <for:text src="put the link here"/>
>     ... <for:skinconf select="group"/>
>
>  </for:text>
>
> Would give:
>
>     css file stuff..
>     ... put the link here
>     ... group-value
>
> It would not make all css files be automagically traversed, but if one
> uses this system it cam make them be traversed.

GOsh, I have to take this back... the system now used cannot be easily
changed with another one, as it uses more xslt elements that I thought.
For the images in svg it does calculations and logic, while in the css
it uses xslt import.

For now, I'll simply fix the current for: usage and the css links
without changing the whole system that works well nevertheless. If
someone else wants to try though and find a better way, he's always
welcome :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -