forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVG from skinconf issues
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 16:38:36 GMT
Rick Tessner wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 03:45, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>I'm not able to see the project and group logos of the test site
>>generated using Batik. Commenting out the DTD from the skinconf.xml file
>>fixes it.
> So, anywhere that the skinconf.xml is document()'d, there should be some
> odd behaviour.
>
> That includes the following:
>
>         ./src/core/context/skins/common/xslt/fo/document2fo.xsl
>         ./src/core/context/skins/common/xslt/fo/footerinfo.xsl
>         ./src/core/context/skins/common/xslt/svg/document2svg.xsl
>         ./src/core/context/resources/stylesheets/changes2rss.xsl
>         ./src/core/context/resources/stylesheets/project2text.xsl

Ugh :-/

>>Any idea about how to fix it?
>
> Will look over your ideas below.  My initial thought was creating
> something for the skinconf similiar to how "site:" and "ext:" links are
> handled via the LinkRewriter but not sure how feasible that would be or
> what the impact on processing would be.  This transformer could work on
> elements in a "skinconf:" (polluting :) namespace.  This would allow the
> skinconf.xml to be more free-form as well, similiar to site.xml.

Why can't it be freeform now? We use xpath in the aggregated doc.

> It'd be nice to be able to just run various bits through a transformer
> rather than creating aggregates that include "skinconf.xml" each time

Hmmm... nice thoughts...

Recap:

1 - to get the skinconf values from the *skins* we aggregate
2 - to get the skinconf values from svg we have come to the conclusion
that the best way is to use an extra namespace and inject the values

You are basically saying: why not simply use case 2 for all and even
make that into a special transformer?

The problem is that these values are to be given the xsl, not the
document itself, so to make this equipollent we should make an xsl
extension, not an xml extension (namespaces).

I guess that the best bet is to keep on using namespaced values for the
documents and aggregation for the skins.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -