forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVG from skinconf issues
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 13:36:24 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:
>
>> Well, even if SVN does not follow moves automatically you can do it
>> manually. Get the old version using the version number and diff it
>> locally.
>
> like this?
>
> cheche@yarel:~/xml/forrest/trunk$ svn update -r20591 status.xml
> D  status.xml
> Updated to revision 20591.
>
> If I try to get an old version, it will be removed.

Because you should try to get it from  xml/forrest/trunk/status.xml,
where it was at that time.

>>> But move this from "for" to skinconf is trivial.
>>
>> ?
>
> moving from  for: namespace to skinconf: namespace is trivial.

But that was not the point :-)

>> Hmmm... you are right. The xslt is ok of used in a skin as it is now,
>> but it mixes concerns if used in content.
>>
>> Then what about keeping the old for: namespace and adding a new
>> skinconf-value-of tag that selects directly from the skinconf?
>>

> I would not worry too much about the namespace.
>
>>       <for:skinconf-value-of select="group-name"/>
>
> well, looking at your mail the only issue with this setup is that it is
> not generalize to all the elements in the skinconf. So maybe we need to
> have a better way of handle elementes on
> ./context/resources/stylesheets/project2text.xsl
>
> WDYT?

That's what I was saying now :-)

In fact <for:skinconf-value-of select="group-name"/> is a generalization
of the current for: system.

In any case we agree, I'll do this then.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -