forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVG from skinconf issues
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 11:41:29 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:
>

>> I'm not able to see the project and group logos of the test site
>> generated using Batik. Commenting out the DTD from the skinconf.xml
>> file fixes it.
>>
>> Any idea about how to fix it?
>
> It is all related to the fact that a context is not created anymore,
> since there is a problem to access to previous version to the SVN, I am
> kind of stuck with this problem.

Well, even if SVN does not follow moves automatically you can do it
manually. Get the old version using the version number and diff it locally.

?

>> We could simply use the xslt.svg system and deprecate the <for:>
>> usage, but I'm not sure.
>>

> I think that we have to issues here:
>
> One is the use of for: and skinconf: namespaces.
>
> +1 as this is not important, it could be foo if we wish..

xslt.svg does not use skinconf: namespace, it's all xslt.

>> What changes is the fact that now the file is enclosed in two other
>> tags and the use of value-of instead of <for:>, and the for namespace
>> is no more
>
> I think that this mix things, in the old way you have the content in one
> file. The for: namespace would be ignore unless you use it within
> forrest. Now you are mixing this data with code (XLST).

Hmmm... you are right. The xslt is ok of used in a skin as it is now,
but it mixes concerns if used in content.

Then what about keeping the old for: namespace and adding a new
skinconf-value-of tag that selects directly from the skinconf?

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
      xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
      xmlns:for="http://xml.apache.org/forrest/">
   <title>Anteater logo</title>

   <defs>...</defs>

   <g filter="url(#shadowFilter)" fill="url(#gradient)">
     <text x="40%" y="60%" style="blahblah">
       <for:skinconf-value-of select="group-name"/>
     </text>
   </g>
</svg>

             - verba volant, scripta manent -