forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move forrestbar out of Forrest?
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:35:27 GMT
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, David Crossley wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > David Crossley wrote:
> > > I must admit i have not used the forrestbar for a while
> > > but i like the concept. Going to try it again now - the
> > > docs do not explain its installation very well.
> >
> > Just click on the link when using mozilla. That's all.
>
> Well the Gump links from forrestbar.html are broken,
> so i tried a local install.
> build.sh forrestbar
> Mozilla: file:///usr/local/svn/forrest/build/forrestbar.xpi

If we keep it we should provide a copy of forrestbar.xpi and not link to a
gump build.

> > If you guys think that it's *not* out of scope with documentation
> > generation and do not want to see it go away, I'm ok with it.
> >
> > I just don't want it to remain here just because it's there.
>
> That is a good point, but let's see first.

I think it is useful, but not in the scope of forrest.  But I don't know
of a better place to put it.  "hiding" it in the committers CVS module
would be bad.  Perhaps some sort of incubator project?  Maybe one that
included apachelogos too.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal