forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: /docs/ dir (was: FYI: switching to krysalis-site in trunk)
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:19:00 GMT
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> David Crossley wrote:
> > My first comment is about the move of documents into
> > the /docs/ directory.
> >
> > We have many links out there that will be broken by this.
> > Sure we can probably set up fancy Apache httpd re-write
> > rules. However is there any need for the move? Would we be
> > able to have those documents on a "Documentation" tab,
> > but still have them at the same URLs?
>
> If we want to grow, we cannot keep on having the docs all in a big fat
> root IMO. Besides, there's not many files that have moved, we can put
> them in htaccess quite easily.

I agree.  We can have a 'samples' dir, a 'dtd' dir etc.  It might not be
necessary now, but a year from now when it is necessary it's going to be a
lot harder to do.

We can probably also get rid of the 'community' and 'howto'
tabs/directories.  All that's really there is samples.  If we want to keep
them as samples, I suggest making a 'samples' dir & tab.  If we could
automatically put all of "forrest seed" in that samples dir too, that'd be
real nice.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal