forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Nørstebø Moshagen <sjur.mosha...@kolumbus.fi>
Subject Re: [Skins] whs/lenya skin for 0.7
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:33:36 GMT
På 30. jun. 2004 kl. 13.29 skrev Thorsten Scherler:

> Have a look of the tab-select menu. There is no bottom border.
>
> When I add &#160; and a new css element (test {border-bottom: 1px;})
> into the <td/> there will be a bottom border but no border bottom left
> and bottom right! Please compare
> http://www.apache.org/~thorsten/prueba2/. That is the reason why I
> droped the idea of the border bottom because it was not really a nice
> enhancement of the krysalis site.
>
> If you have an idea how to have border there I really would love to
> try that and if it is working committe it back.

In both cases the border bottom left & right are gone in my browser
(Safari 1.2), the only difference being the height of the gap. Why do
you need that <td/> at all? I mean, it looks like you have a decent
margin without it in any case.

For a suggestion on how to get back the bottom border in your first
suggestion, have a look at the "Sliding doors" technique (it will only
require you to change the bottom-left and bottom-right images; beware:
I don't know if this will influence other parts of the design, and you
might not like bigger images;) :

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/slidingdoors/
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/slidingdoors2/

This technique will also do away with that extra table in your last
suggestion.

Sjur