forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject RE: release candidate
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:45:19 GMT
> > Do we want to have a forrest-0.6-RC1?  Do we want to release it now?
>
> I think that we should squat all the known assigned bugs [1] before
> releasing.
> Actually, I wouldn't be doing a RC, as we are still using a 0.x
> numbering, and things are not *that* stable.

I would prefer having a 0.6-RC1.

On my todo list is a redesign of my homepage (lost the used custom skin :(
and the upgrade from Forrest 0.4 (I think) to actual version.
Then my collegue (who should maintain the site) can use a propert version
than
the latest cvs one.

> > I think if we're going to have one we should do it now because we're
> > getting pretty close.  If we give the RC a couple weeks for
> people to
> > test, we should be able to close up any remaining bugs.
>
> We can fix the bugs we know we have, release, and then fix
> the bugs that
> come out.
>
> Here is how we could do:
>
>                                     -branchs for 0.7 features---|-|-|\
> (trunk) -->fix
> bugs-->release0.6--/------------>release0.6.1---|-|-|--->

Is it easier in SVN to keep two braches in sync?
I hate it to add bugfixes always to Ant_Latest and Ant_16 (cvs) ...

> > A prerequisite
> > for an RC would be the upgrading document, however.
>
> +1 (substitute RC->release)

+1 - very very welcome :-))

> > And a prerequisite for the final release would be
> forrest.apache.org all
> > set up.
>
> +1

+1 - then all people know the 'correct' adress.

Jan