forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: [Skins] whs/lenya skin for 0.7
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:29:12 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> [...]
> Excellent.
>
> In any case, there is no real need to necessarily use the whs skin,
> it's just that I like the look of it and the fact that it's available
> as an example.

Did you tested the whs skin for current SVN? I did not got it work
without rewriting the half of it. I like the look as well.

So I see two options:
1) try to bring whs and/or lenya to actual trunk.
2) Create a new one based on krysalis and instead of tables use just div
(more or less what I tried with the lenya one)

Since krysalis is the most well developed one I prefer 2). ...or do you
have a whs-0.6-dev.zip? For refactoring it would help to see a working
skin ;-). I will let me as well inspire by http://www.csszengarden.com/.

>> I did some small design changes on the krysalis-site and it took me
>> hours with any aceptable result.
>

> This is not nice :-/  Where in particular did you have problems?

Have a look of the tab-select menu. There is no bottom border.

When I add &#160; and a new css element (test {border-bottom: 1px;})
into the <td/> there will be a bottom border but no border bottom left
and bottom right! Please compare
http://www.apache.org/~thorsten/prueba2/. That is the reason why I
droped the idea of the border bottom because it was not really a nice
enhancement of the krysalis site.

If you have an idea how to have border there I really would love to try
that and if it is working committe it back.

>> Frankly speaking table-style design is pretty much limited, so I
>> prefer using a div based style later again.
>

> That's exactly what we all would like to see.
>
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Yes, i was intending to ask what happened to your "div based"
> > ideas. Please add a Jira issue to put it on the Forrest Roadmap.
>
> http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-182
>
> Please feel free to add comments to this issue with ideas,
> suggestions, proceedings and notes.
>
> It's now slated for 0.8 as it's not core for us ATM, but if you are
> willing to work on it, there is no reason whatsoever for us not to put
> it in 0.7 :-)

Yeah that would be a good starting point. I will add my ideas to
FOR-182. I am willing to bring it in the 0.7 release. IMO the experience
that I will make I can apply for a skin concept for lenya.

King regards
thorsten

--
Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la InformaciĆ³n S.A.U.