forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject Re: [RT] Skin names and skin cleaning
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:07:36 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
>> For the moment I have some enhancement questions about the
>> krysalis-site skin.
>> Is it possible to:
>> - move the left logo a wee bit to the left
> Sure.

For all following comments where you just wrote "sure" the question raises:
Should I make it an option in skinconf or should it apply directly in
the xsl without reading a variable?

I reckon a &nbsp; before the left logo would do the job (moving the logo
a wee bit to the right). IMO I would not make it an option.

>> - move the right logo to absolute right (if no search box is activated)
> Sure.

I reckon a <xsl:choose/> within the document2xhtml.xsl would do the job:
- if the search box is disabled the colspan of the right logo would be
+1 and align="right".
- if the search box is disabled the <td> of the searchbox column would
not be displayed.
- if the search box is enabled the old style is applied.

I am not sure about that one. We could implement it as option or asume
that is the typical usecase. I do not have any preference on that!

>> - desactivate the published notice on the top right
> Make it an option in skinconf.

Actually lenya want to keep that ;-).

...but I can still make it an option if we want.
BTW how to change the color of that note?
It is white but I have not figured out where I can change that!
If it is not an option so far it definitely should be.

>> - desactivate the font size script
> I would prefer not to, it's an important part for accessibility.

I made it an option.

>> - move the build with forrest logo into the footer
> You mean all the credits? Make it an option in skinconf.

>> - desactivate the 'breadcrumb trail' of links
> Make it an option in skinconf.

The same with the published notice -> lenya wants to keep it, but I can
make it an option anyway. Just tell me our preference on that.

>> - enhance the tab bar menu in terms of font size
>> with configuration of the skinconf.xml.
> You can put some CSS in the extra-css, or simply make your version the
> default one if it's nicer :-)

The only thing I would enhance is that the tabs have border! That I
would apply for the default one. ...and make an option
<tab-border-color/>. Like you stated before better avoid extra (custom)
code if we can make it configurable.

One last thing:
how can I change the link color from blue to black? Have not find the
right option so far.

Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la InformaciĆ³n S.A.U.

View raw message