forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: [RT] Skin names and skin cleaning
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:07:36 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
>
>> For the moment I have some enhancement questions about the
>> krysalis-site skin.
>>
>> Is it possible to:
>> - move the left logo a wee bit to the left
>

> Sure.

:)

For all following comments where you just wrote "sure" the question raises:
Should I make it an option in skinconf or should it apply directly in
the xsl without reading a variable?

I reckon a &nbsp; before the left logo would do the job (moving the logo
a wee bit to the right). IMO I would not make it an option.

>> - move the right logo to absolute right (if no search box is activated)
>

> Sure.

I reckon a <xsl:choose/> within the document2xhtml.xsl would do the job:
- if the search box is disabled the colspan of the right logo would be
+1 and align="right".
- if the search box is disabled the <td> of the searchbox column would
not be displayed.
- if the search box is enabled the old style is applied.

I am not sure about that one. We could implement it as option or asume
that is the typical usecase. I do not have any preference on that!

>> - desactivate the published notice on the top right
>

> Make it an option in skinconf.

Actually lenya want to keep that ;-).

...but I can still make it an option if we want.
BTW how to change the color of that note?
It is white but I have not figured out where I can change that!
If it is not an option so far it definitely should be.

>> - desactivate the font size script
>

> I would prefer not to, it's an important part for accessibility.

I made it an option.

>> - move the build with forrest logo into the footer
>

> You mean all the credits? Make it an option in skinconf.

Ok!

>> - desactivate the 'breadcrumb trail' of links
>

> Make it an option in skinconf.

The same with the published notice -> lenya wants to keep it, but I can
make it an option anyway. Just tell me our preference on that.

>> - enhance the tab bar menu in terms of font size
>> with configuration of the skinconf.xml.
>

> You can put some CSS in the extra-css, or simply make your version the
> default one if it's nicer :-)

The only thing I would enhance is that the tabs have border! That I
would apply for the default one. ...and make an option
<tab-border-color/>. Like you stated before better avoid extra (custom)
code if we can make it configurable.

One last thing:
how can I change the link color from blue to black? Have not find the
right option so far.

WDYT?

--
Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la InformaciĆ³n S.A.U.