forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Search capability, copyless and general indexing
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:56:08 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:

> On the site [1], I read this:
>
> "
> You can now build a Lucene search index by pointing your web browser at
> http://localhost:8888/lucene-update.html. This generates the search
> index and provides some information about the index generation process.
> "
>
> But I see that Cocoon generates the index in an Ant task. Are the docs
> out of synch?

You can always do it that way. In fact if you look on the "lucene-index"
target what it does is to use the cli for cocoon and request
lucene-update.html with the followLinks=false

> On the other hand, Forrest will always have the need to generate
> indexes, like for example the index that forrestdoc does on the java
> source. When we will put the source generation in Forrest in the future,
> we will still need an index generation page, for the cross-references.

Only if you are using the lucene search utility

> Would we want to have them generated by an Ant task always or by Cocoon?
> Where should the indexes be put?

The use case would be: Create an index under the
cocoon-work/lucene-index when you start the webserver, if you update the
documents either you run "forrest lucene-index" or request
localhost:8888/update-index.html