forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: request Apache Forrest TLP setup
Date Sat, 12 Jun 2004 08:52:11 GMT
David et all.

Here is where I *think* this request is :

David Crossley wrote:

> (i) addresses
>
> Move existing lists:
>    forrest-dev@xml.a.o => dev@forrest.a.o
>    forrest-user@xml.a.o => user@forrest.a.o

Done.

> Create new lists:
>    pmc@forrest.a.o
>    svn@forrest.a.o

Done.

> The "cvs" postings are currently being directed to "dev".
> We want them to go to the new "svn" list only.

Done.  asf-mailer.conf now points commits to svn@forrest.apache.org

Would be grateful if someone could test via a commit.

NOTE - forrest-cvs@xml still remains.  Let me know when you are all
happy and I will remove the list.

> All lists are subscriber-only postings and non-subscriber
> postings are moderated.

Done.  (But I left dev and user as they were)

> The "pmc" list is to have subscriptions moderated.

Done.

> The "svn" list is to have subscriptions moderated, as we
> do not want to have other archivers like MARC to do it.
> Or perhaps there is another way to achieve that, yet still
> have our Eyebrowse archive it.

DOne.

> (ii) remote moderators for all lists
>
>    crossley, stevenn

Done.

> (iii) archives
>    mbox
> Move from http://xml.apache.org/mail/ to
> http://forrest.apache.org/mail/dev/YYYYMM.gz
> http://forrest.apache.org/mail/user/YYYYMM.gz

Done.  (+ pmc is archived in private-arch)

> Eyebrowse: dev, user, svn

Done.

> [2] Source repositories
>
> (ii) SVN
> Already using SVN. Needs to be moved.
> repos/asf/xml/forrest/ => repos/asf/forrest/
>
> What do developers need to do at our end after this?
>
> Also need a new repository for the website at:
> repos/asf/www/forrest.apache.org/

Not too sure, but I *think* all this is done?

> [3] Initial committer list
>
> Same as current:
> twl,rubys,stefano,morrijr,crossley,stevenn,dirkx,nicolaken,kpiroumian,
> bert,mpo,jefft,leosimons,cheche,brondsem,rgardler
>
> Also add antonio to that list. He is from the "cocoon" group
> and is now also on the Forrest PMC.
>
> Forrest committers are already able to commit to xml-site
> and xml-commons, and we want that to remain.
>
> Cocoon committers are already able to commit to forrest
> and we want that to remain.

All done I think?

> [4] Issue Tracker
>
> (iii) Jira
>
> We already use Jira at cocoondev.org
> For now we will leave that in place and perhaps move
> to Apache Jira later.

> [5] Distributions
>
> Create www.apache.org/ dist/forrest/
> That is where we will put the next release.
>
> Our current distribution is at
> http://www.apache.org/ dist/xml/forrest/
> We suppose that will remain until after the
> next release. Then we move this to archives.apache.org

I have created the directory, but am waiting on root@ to set group
ownership to forrest.

> [6] Snapshots
>
> Create http://cvs.apache.org/ snapshots/forrest/
>
> Remove http://cvs.apache.org/ snapshots/xml-forrest/
>
> Tweak the script that creates the snapshots.

Script tweaked.  It will automagically create the new directory, and
once it has run once OK I will remove the old snapshot.