forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: Why does forrest copy stuff to /webapp?
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 20:22:40 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:
> Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
>> Nicola. It is not the whole webapp. Just src/core/context I will look
>> for a way to reduce this to the minimum.
>

> Shucks, it should not be to a minimum, it should simply not be there...
> Why does it have to be like this? Maybe I can help you remove this.

If we want for each project:
logs
upgrade skinconf
search index
custom xmaps
.... other custom stuff that I do not remember

The quick way is to copy for each project. With the copyless brach,
building forrest means to create a forrest.jar. But for each project
thereis stuff (like copying status.xml) that needs review.

Doing some trial and error test. It seems that as a minimum the WEB-INF
has to be copied (24 Files).

But then:

The catalog path within cocoon.xconf is relative, so it needs to point
to forrest.home . Same would apply to skins and resources/stylesheets.

> I would have appreciated though that you had told us about this change,
> as it's a regression, and the trunk should never have deliberate
> regressions.

I did... There is a few mails about this issue.

>> We should be aware of the "Filesystem Hierarchy Standard"[1] as well
>> so we make forrest more easy to migrate to something like debian.
>>
>> [1] http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html
>

> I don't think it's relevant for us, nor important, as Java is OS agnostic.

But our users are not. :-)  Anyway, it was to get some direction on how
to slip.. it is not important.

Cheers,
Cheche