forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <>
Subject Re: SVG from skinconf issues
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 11:17:26 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:
> I'm not able to see the project and group logos of the test site
> generated using Batik. Commenting out the DTD from the skinconf.xml file
> fixes it.
> Any idea about how to fix it?

It is all related to the fact that a context is not created anymore,
since there is a problem to access to previous version to the SVN, I am
kind of stuck with this problem.

> I don't like the old one as it "pollutes" the svg with extra namespaces.
> In essence, this is what happens: the file is passed through this
> strylesheet:
But move this from "for" to skinconf is trivial.

> We could simply use the xslt.svg system and deprecate the <for:> usage,
> but I'm not sure.

I think that we have to issues here:

One is the use of for: and skinconf: namespaces.

+1 as this is not important, it could be foo if we wish..

> What changes is the fact that now the file is enclosed in two other tags
> and the use of value-of instead of <for:>, and the for namespace is no
> more

I think that this mix things, in the old way you have the content in one
file. The for: namespace would be ignore unless you use it within
forrest. Now you are mixing this data with code (XLST).

View raw message