forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: [Skins] Donation of the "lenya-site" skin
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 07:56:08 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:

>Quoting "Scherler, Thorsten" <thorsten@apache.org>:
>

>>[...] I can commit the "lenya-site" skin. It is not finished though
>>but I am working on that.
>>[...]
>>
>Since it is not finished and we are going to release 0.6 before too long, I
>think it would be best to wait.

Yeah, I thought so ;-) and can perfectly understand that!

>But it does look very nice and we definitely
>would like to include it eventually.

:) Thanks. The problem is the menu ATM :(. ...but I will have a closer
look on http://xml.apache.org/forrest/linking.html. I reckon I will find
some "update to 0.6" issues ;-)

[...]

>A better option might be to package it and host it yourself and then we can add
>it to http://xml.apache.org/forrest/skins/skins.xml (the default skins
>descriptor)

Jupp, lets do that then. I saw
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/skin-package.html [1]. So to get it straight:
I created the lenya-site skin by cp the krysalis-site skin and added the
lenya specific stuff there. So now my skin is in
src/core/context/skins/lenya-site.

[1] states:

1 - forrest package-skin
The skin package will be made in the skin dir, next to the custom skin.

So I have to run "forrest package-skin" within src/core/context/skins/,
right?
That will create my lenya-site.zip in src/core/context/skins/, right?
After that I can upload it to our webserver as *.zip, right?

>so people can still download it and use it easily.

That is the aim to publish our skin. Right now I am the only one that
can update the lenya-site and that cannot be. If other committer can
easily install the skin without "touching forrest" I am happy :). ...and
we all can keep our site up to date.

...I will have to look into forrestbot, because I would like to automate
the process described at
http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/community/website-update.html. Forrestbot
can assist us with that, right?

King regards
thorsten

--
Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la InformaciĆ³n S.A.U.