forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: request Apache Forrest TLP setup
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 17:15:58 GMT
On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 09:40:54PM +1000, David Crossley wrote:
> [2] Source repositories
>
> (ii) SVN
> Already using SVN. Needs to be moved.
> repos/asf/xml/forrest/ => repos/asf/forrest/

Somebody with the right karma can simply do:

$ svn mv https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xml/forrest/ \
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/

> What do developers need to do at our end after this?

Assuming they have checked out xml/forrest/trunk/ as their working copy,
then they can just do:

$ svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/

> Also need a new repository for the website at:
> repos/asf/www/forrest.apache.org/

The repos/asf/www/ thing is a mistake and should not be there. My
recommendation is that you place your website at: asf/forrest/site/
(it doesn't need to be tagged or branched, so trunk/site/ doesn't make
much sense)

> [5] Distributions
>
> Create www.apache.org/ dist/forrest/
> That is where we will put the next release.
>
> Our current distribution is at
> http://www.apache.org/ dist/xml/forrest/
> We suppose that will remain until after the
> next release. Then we move this to archives.apache.org

Yup. That makes sense. You may want to leave a pointer to that old area
from your dist/forrest/README (or whatever file)

> [8] Re-direction of xml.apache.org/forrest/
>
> We presume that forrest committers can take care of that
> ourself using a .htaccess file.

It is more efficient for the server to make this change in httpd.conf.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/