forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] Forrest Project Guidelines
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:22:40 GMT
Bringing some of the discussion back to this thread from
the old Vote thread:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=108856387400005

> David Crossley wrote:
> > Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > ... but now that I have seen it I don't read in it
> > the fact that simple committers cannot vote
> > (as instead I would prefer).
>
> Voting is the next task to add to the document.
> We had already said that we would identify the roles
> and responsibilities first. Though you are right, such
> things are intertwined.

So if that is the only thing that you see wrong so far
then we are getting somewhere. Can anyone see other issues?

> > Also, wouldn't it be better just to refer to the main
> > Apache document for this, and just clarify some points?
>
> That might be possible (though that main document needs
> some enhancements). However most other projects seem
> to also define the roles in their Guidelines. Another
> issue is that we are defining an extra role that no other
> project uses yet.

I think that it is better to have a complete standalone
document. What do other people think?

--
David Crossley