forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] draft Forrest Project Guidelines: Roles and responsibilities
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 07:43:22 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > Apart from possible minor tweaks, are you happy with the
> > current content of the "Roles and responsibilities" section.
>
> I am very sorry, but I'm not yet satisfied with this.

Okay, lets stop the vote, but keep discussing the issues.

Sorry for doing it that way, but calling a vote seemed like
the only thing to do, since there has been silence for
weeks on this.

> I know I'm in error in not having checked it before,

Everybody needs to help.

> but now that I have
> seen it I don't read in it the fact that simple committers
> cannot vote (as instead I would prefer).

Voting is the next task to add to the document.
We had already said that we would identify the roles
and responsibilities first. Though you are right, such
things are intertwined.

> Also, wouldn't it be better just to refer to the main
> Apache document for this, and just clarify some points?

That might be possible (though that main document needs
some enhancements). However most other projects seem
to also define the roles in their Guidelines. Another
issue is that we are defining an extra role that no other
project uses yet.

> Again sorry, but I still don't feel it's right.

Fine. Lets work to get it right.

--
David Crossley