forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Project sitemap mount and copyless
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 07:47:11 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Currently we have reverted the copyless behaviour mainly because the
> sitemaps in the project were not used by Forrest.
>
> To finish off copyless, I have put in place a conditional mount: Forrest
> mounts the user sitemap before anything else if it's present.
>
> I believe that this should be enough for the private customizantions
> that users would want to do, and thus it would be possible to finish off
> reverting copyless.
>
> Objections?

I do not know if this issue is related. A couple of days ago
i followed the your-project.html doc to add the "download"
document type and configure user project DTDs and stylesheets.

Regarding the sitemaps, all that i needed to do was to add
forrest.xmap to src/documentation/
i.e. not any of the other *.xmap

Then i found a problem with forrest not finding the user
stylesheets and so i added issue FOR-198 together with a
workaround.

Today i removed that workaround and tried building that
site again, and this time it is broken. Cocoon starts, then
there is no output at all for a long time, and it finally
gives up with a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError.

I then copied all of src/core/context/*.xmap into
my-test/src/documentation/ but same problem.

Would someone else try following your-project.html and
see how you go.

--
David Crossley