forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] Forrest Project Guidelines
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2004 04:24:12 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> While I still stand by the basic role division, I think we have a minor
> problem.
>
> Look here:
>    http://apache.org/foundation/roles.html
>
> Basically it defines a developer with commit access as "committer", and
> clearly says that they make day2day decisions of what changes to take. I
> don't take this "day2day" decisions as voting.
>
> IMHO it becomes simple if we name "committer" the special developer and
> "pm-committer" a PMC committer.

I have tried to incorporate the discussion into the
draft guidelines.xml ... would people please review.

Trying to see if we can do without making a distinction
between developers who become committers, and developers that
we might want to make committers to enable task-based access.

Do the current words facilitate that?

--
David Crossley