forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <r...@onnadayr.ca>
Subject Re: [dtd] Wondering about the document v20a
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 22:36:44 GMT
On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 14:47, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> > Personally, I have an immediate need for the class attribute and it
> > would be much more expedient to use that on my existing V1.2 docs than
> > to modify all my docs to confirm to V2.x.
>
> ...and others would like to have the 2.0 enhancements without having to
> actually change the docs, and others using 2.0a would like to have the
> class attribute...

:)  True.

> What about doing this for 2.0 from 2.0a:
>
>        * add back <link>, so that both link tags can be used
>        * check that the old ol/ul stuff still works
>
> And faq-v20 differences:
>
>        * put back <faqsection> alongside <part>
>        * make @title usable again

Doable, but doesn't sit quite right with me.  Not sure why.  I need to
think about that ...

One question that I have though.  Will the LinkRewriterTransform handle
<a> as well as <link>?  Or does it just work on attributes like "href"
irrespective of the element the "href" is defined on?

--
Rick Tessner <rick@onnadayr.ca>