forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <>
Subject Re: [dtd] Wondering about the document v20a
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:57:42 GMT
On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 11:31, Rick Tessner wrote:

> It doesn't look all that different from the existing v12 (or v13 for
> that matter) with the following exceptions for document-v20
>       * <link> becomes <a>
>       * Fixes nested <ol> / <ul> bug
>       * addition of <meta>
> And faq-v20 differences:
>       * <part> becomes <faqsection>
>       * @title becomes <title>
> Would it be better to move to a v20 for all the DTDs or just back-port
> these fairly minor changes to v13?
> The name change of <link> to <a> makes me think v20a was an initial push
> to move towards xhtml.  Or am I way way off base there?
> Either way, I'm up for making the required changes.

Replying to my own post ... The back port of v20 to v13 would be a bad

The changes I submitted to jira for v13 simply add the class attribute
to all the elements.  This means that any v12 documents are forward
compatible with v13.  I suspect that the element name changes are the
reason for the change to V2.0 from V1.x.

It may be that we have both a v13 and a v20 and the v20 is modified to
include a class attribute on all elements.

Personally, I have an immediate need for the class attribute and it
would be much more expedient to use that on my existing V1.2 docs than
to modify all my docs to confirm to V2.x.

I'd be happy to do the work for V2.0 as well.  I'm guessing that since
the V2.0 DTD appear in the catalogs that the existing V2.0 dtds are
considered published and therefore would require any changes to be V2.1?

Rick Tessner <>

View raw message