forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <r...@onnadayr.ca>
Subject [dtd] Wondering about the document v20a
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:31:49 GMT
Hi all,

As Nicola pointed out on issue FOR-174 (Have @class attribute in DTD for
every tag), there is a version of the document format v20 in the
.../context/resources/schema/dtd/v20a directory.

It doesn't look all that different from the existing v12 (or v13 for
that matter) with the following exceptions for document-v20

      * <link> becomes <a>
      * Fixes nested <ol> / <ul> bug
      * addition of <meta>

And faq-v20 differences:

      * <part> becomes <faqsection>
      * @title becomes <title>

Would it be better to move to a v20 for all the DTDs or just back-port
these fairly minor changes to v13?

The name change of <link> to <a> makes me think v20a was an initial push
to move towards xhtml.  Or am I way way off base there?

Either way, I'm up for making the required changes.

--
Rick Tessner <rick@onnadayr.ca>