forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: request Apache Forrest TLP setup
Date Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:19:01 GMT
Berin Lautenbach wrote:
> Here is where I *think* this request is :

Many thanks Berin and every infrastructure peep.

> > [0] DNS/Unix groups, etc.
> > ... you are the experts.
>
> All done.

Yes.

> > (i) addresses
> >
> > Move existing lists:
> >    forrest-dev@xml.a.o => dev@forrest.a.o
> >    forrest-user@xml.a.o => user@forrest.a.o
>
> Done.

Yes.

> > Create new lists:
> >    pmc@forrest.a.o
> >    svn@forrest.a.o
>
> Done.

Yes.

> > The "cvs" postings are currently being directed to "dev".
> > We want them to go to the new "svn" list only.
>
> Done.  asf-mailer.conf now points commits to svn@forrest.apache.org
>
> Would be grateful if someone could test via a commit.

Yes, all okay.

> NOTE - forrest-cvs@xml still remains.  Let me know when you are all
> happy and I will remove the list.

I will check.

> > All lists are subscriber-only postings and non-subscriber
> > postings are moderated.
>
> Done.  (But I left dev and user as they were)

Okay.

> > The "pmc" list is to have subscriptions moderated.
>
> Done.

Yes, tested.

> > The "svn" list is to have subscriptions moderated, as we
> > do not want to have other archivers like MARC to do it.
> > Or perhaps there is another way to achieve that, yet still
> > have our Eyebrowse archive it.
>
> DOne.

Yes.

> > (ii) remote moderators for all lists
> >
> >    crossley, stevenn
>
> Done.

Yes. We need to relieve Steven soon.
Will find a new one.

> > (iii) archives
> >    mbox
> > Move from http://xml.apache.org/mail/ to
> > http://forrest.apache.org/mail/dev/YYYYMM.gz
> > http://forrest.apache.org/mail/user/YYYYMM.gz
>
> Done.  (+ pmc is archived in private-arch)

What happens to the old xml.apache.org/mail/forrest-dev|-user
Should they be removed and we put .htaccess redirect?

> > Eyebrowse: dev, user, svn
>
> Done.

Yes.

> > [2] Source repositories
> >
> > (ii) SVN
> > Already using SVN. Needs to be moved.
> > repos/asf/xml/forrest/ => repos/asf/forrest/
> >
> > What do developers need to do at our end after this?
> >
> > Also need a new repository for the website at:
> > repos/asf/www/forrest.apache.org/
>
> Not too sure, but I *think* all this is done?

Yes.

> > [3] Initial committer list
> >
> > Same as current:
> > twl,rubys,stefano,morrijr,crossley,stevenn,dirkx,nicolaken,kpiroumian,
> > bert,mpo,jefft,leosimons,cheche,brondsem,rgardler
> >
> > Also add antonio to that list. He is from the "cocoon" group
> > and is now also on the Forrest PMC.
> >
> > Forrest committers are already able to commit to xml-site
> > and xml-commons, and we want that to remain.
> >
> > Cocoon committers are already able to commit to forrest
> > and we want that to remain.
>
> All done I think?

Still need to add antonio to svn/asf-authorization file.

> > [4] Issue Tracker
> >
> > (iii) Jira
> >
> > We already use Jira at cocoondev.org
> > For now we will leave that in place and perhaps move
> > to Apache Jira later.

> > [5] Distributions
> >
> > Create www.apache.org/ dist/forrest/
> > That is where we will put the next release.
> >
> > Our current distribution is at
> > http://www.apache.org/ dist/xml/forrest/
> > We suppose that will remain until after the
> > next release. Then we move this to archives.apache.org
>
> I have created the directory, but am waiting on root@ to set group
> ownership to forrest.

Okay.

> > [6] Snapshots
> >
> > Create http://cvs.apache.org/ snapshots/forrest/
> >
> > Remove http://cvs.apache.org/ snapshots/xml-forrest/
> >
> > Tweak the script that creates the snapshots.
>
> Script tweaked.  It will automagically create the new directory, and
> once it has run once OK I will remove the old snapshot.

We will keep an eye on it.

> > [7] Wiki
> >
> > We will make a separate request for that when we have
> > determined our requirements.

> > [8] Re-direction of xml.apache.org/forrest/
> >
> > We presume that forrest committers can take care of that
> > ourself using a .htaccess file.

This is the only thing left to do. We will sort out the
redirect mapping. Greg suggested earlier that that would
better go in httpd.conf ... can you direct us to the file
and we will develop a patch.

--David