forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: request Apache Forrest TLP setup
Date Sat, 12 Jun 2004 02:20:58 GMT
Berin Lautenbach wrote:
> I've done half of this, but I need to check something.
>
>  > The "cvs" postings are currently being directed to "dev".
>  > We want them to go to the new "svn" list only.
>
> I have created the new svn@f.o list, but when I went to fix the forward
> I found that there actually *is* a forrest-cvs@x.o list, and that's
> where svn is forwarding mail to.  Forrest-cvs is then archived to the
> forrest-dev archives (both eyebrowse and www.apache).

Ah okay, i was confused as to implementation.

We *do* want the new list to be called svn@forrest.a.o
Then drop the old list forrest-cvs@x.a.o

And we want the content of dev and svn to be separate.
Look at the archive at MARC where both "svn commit"
messages and "dev" messages are mixed on forrest-dev.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev
We want them to be separate lists. I presume that MARC
is just subscribed to forrest-dev but gets cvs too.

> So now that I've created svn@f, I'm going to set the subscribed list to
> the same as forrest-cvs@x and then fix the SVN forwarding, but I'll
> archive it separately as per the request below.
>
> Does that sound right?

I am bit confused now by your last sentence. Does my
clarification above help?

--David