forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Subversion commit mails
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 06:02:37 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
> Anyone know if/how we can prevent change notifications for certain
> Subversion subtrees going out?  Forrest stores its rendered website in
> forrest/site/, and the commit mails are massive (up to 3Mb).

We used to have the same problem with CVS too. Recently
there was a post-commit script added, whereby if the diff
content is too big then the mail just provides viewcvs links.

Would that suffice?

> A related question: could the subject for these mails be changed to
> something useful, like the commit message?  It is currently a directory
> list, which tells one absolutely nothing :)

Maybe the first say ten words of the commit log message,
because some people provide nice lengthy descriptions
of what they have changed.

--David