forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: request Apache Forrest TLP setup
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 13:52:36 GMT
Here is a quick progress report ...

> Forrest has become a top-level project. We have tried
> to outline everything that needs to be attended to.

> [0] DNS/Unix groups, etc.
> ... you are the experts.

UNIX group "forrest" done.
forrest.apache.org in DNS
virtual host added to httpd.conf

> (i) addresses
>
> Move existing lists:
>    forrest-dev@xml.a.o => dev@forrest.a.o
>    forrest-user@xml.a.o => user@forrest.a.o
> Create new lists:
>    pmc@forrest.a.o
>    svn@forrest.a.o
>
> The "cvs" postings are currently being directed to "dev".
> We want them to go to the new "svn" list only.
>
> All lists are subscriber-only postings and non-subscriber
> postings are moderated.
>
> The "pmc" list is to have subscriptions moderated.
>
> The "svn" list is to have subscriptions moderated, as we
> do not want to have other archivers like MARC to do it.
> Or perhaps there is another way to achieve that, yet still
> have our Eyebrowse archive it.
>
> (ii) remote moderators for all lists
>
>    crossley, stevenn
>
> (iii) archives
>    mbox
> Move from http://xml.apache.org/mail/ to
> http://forrest.apache.org/mail/dev/YYYYMM.gz
> http://forrest.apache.org/mail/user/YYYYMM.gz
>
> Eyebrowse: dev, user, svn
>
> (iv) options
> Same settings for all lists.
>
>    I.   Reply-To: Header       [X] yes   [ ] no
>    II.  Prefix in Subject      [ ] yes   [X] no
>    III. Eyebrowse              as shown at (iii)
>    IV.  Moderation Message     [X] short [ ] long
>    V.   Message Trailer        [ ] yes   [X] no

> [2] Source repositories
>
> (ii) SVN
> Already using SVN. Needs to be moved.
> repos/asf/xml/forrest/ => repos/asf/forrest/
>
> What do developers need to do at our end after this?

Done.

> Also need a new repository for the website at:
> repos/asf/www/forrest.apache.org/

Done, but instead it is at repos/asf/forrest/site/
The current website has been imported to SVN.

Sorry about the big commit log email on the import.
Need to remember to ask infrastructure to add a similar
thing to svn post-commit as for current CVS - big commits
just give links direct to the online viewcvs for diffs.

We also now have a website directory at /www/forrest.apache.org/
but it is empty.

> [3] Initial committer list
>
> Same as current:
> twl,rubys,stefano,morrijr,crossley,stevenn,dirkx,nicolaken,kpiroumian,
> bert,mpo,jefft,leosimons,cheche,brondsem,rgardler
>
> Also add antonio to that list. He is from the "cocoon" group
> and is now also on the Forrest PMC.

Not yet done. Probably just overlooked. Will try again soon.

> Forrest committers are already able to commit to xml-site
> and xml-commons, and we want that to remain.
>
> Cocoon committers are already able to commit to forrest
> and we want that to remain.

> [4] Issue Tracker
>
> (iii) Jira
>
> We already use Jira at cocoondev.org
> For now we will leave that in place and perhaps move
> to Apache Jira later.

> [5] Distributions
>
> Create www.apache.org/ dist/forrest/
> That is where we will put the next release.
>
> Our current distribution is at
> http://www.apache.org/ dist/xml/forrest/
> We suppose that will remain until after the
> next release. Then we move this to archives.apache.org

> [6] Snapshots
>
> Create http://cvs.apache.org/ snapshots/forrest/
>
> Remove http://cvs.apache.org/ snapshots/xml-forrest/
>
> Tweak the script that creates the snapshots.

> [7] Wiki
>
> We will make a separate request for that when we have
> determined our requirements.

> [8] Re-direction of xml.apache.org/forrest/
>
> We presume that forrest committers can take care of that
> ourself using a .htaccess file.

Greg suggested httpd.conf instead.