forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] Forrest Project Guidelines
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 12:58:30 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> Closely related to roles are processes for moving from one to another.  We
> probably want to finalize role definitions first though...

That should be our next objective. I like this approach:
starting from the people and the roles, adding processes.

> We should make mention somewhere of our relationship to other projects
> (Cocoon committers are Forrest committers; something with xml-commons?? I
> seem to recall a mention of that awhile ago).  Probably on this page and
> the Who We Are page.

Yes, good idea.

Would each of us please add stuff to the xdoc as it is
decided. We can always tweak the words later.

> > Contributers
>
> This role name might be slightly confusing because Committers must sign a
> Contributer License Agreement.  The two Contributers are very different.
> Is there a better role name for this?

Notice that i added the "User" group.

That is not explicitly mentioned in the few other
projects guidelines that i looked at.

I wonder if we should dispense with that group and so
call the Contributers as Users. The only group of users
that we are really interested in, are the ones that do
contribute. The other type can just take what they get.

This also equates with the "user" mailing list, whereas
the term Contributer does not.

--David