forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] Forrest Project Guidelines
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 09:16:01 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Developers
>
> Some developers can be given partial or time limited commit access, to
> be able to give a more substantial contribution to the project without
> necessarily becoming stably part of it.

Then we would need to qualify our statement about how
a committer can become part of the PMC.

Gee i am still not happy with this levels of committership,
but i might be getting warmer.

> All commit accesses to developers must be given with the direct
> supervision of at least one PMC mmember, and must be voted favorably by
> the PMC.

I am not clear what "supervison" means. I would have thought
that all committers are supervising anyway, because it is
one responsibility to keep oversight on the svn@forrest
commit logs.

> Being a developer, with or without commit access, is a necessary step
> for becoming a project committer.

Good point.

--David