forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Skin names and skin cleaning
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 07:13:18 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> > Hello devs,

Hello Thorsten (you too are a "dev")

> > the lenya project would like to donate their skin if you want it
> > For an online example please refer to e.g.
> > http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/installation/source_version.html.
>
> It doesn't look much different from the forrest one, and apart from the
> logo placement, it can be simulated with the new color schemes of
> krysalis-site.
>
> Because of this, I would prefer to see eventually needed changes be
> rolled back into krysalis-site instead, so we would have less skins to
> maintain :-)

We certainly would like to roll any suggestions back into
the "main" skins. That would leave all user skins to gain
those new capabilities, and then gradually develop more
of their own, roll those back, and so on.

It would be great if Lenya could host their own collection
of skins. Thorsten has been helping to test the "fetch-skin"
capability recently. Does it suit your needs? We could still
hold the main "lenya" skin at Forrest if it helps Lenya in
some way (e.g. distribution).

--David