forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <r...@onnadayr.ca>
Subject Re: SVG from skinconf issues
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 16:10:00 GMT
On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 03:45, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> I'm not able to see the project and group logos of the test site
> generated using Batik. Commenting out the DTD from the skinconf.xml file
> fixes it.

Yup, been seeing that recently myself as well.

An unfortunate side-effect of removing the DOCTYPE declaration from the
skinconf.xml is that the "validate-skinconf" target fails ... (Currently
happens with a run of "forrest war" target).

The reason that removing the DOCTYPE declaration works in allowing the
images to be generated is that the "project2text.xsl" uses document() on
the the skinconf.xml and the entity resolver doesn't currently work on
document()'d documents (Xalan issue, I suppose).

Actually, I should say that resolution of the PUBLIC identifier fails
(since it can't find the various DTD catalogs).  It will try the SYSTEM
identifier and if it finds that, it will succeed.

So, anywhere that the skinconf.xml is document()'d, there should be some
odd behaviour.

That includes the following:

        ./src/core/context/skins/common/xslt/fo/document2fo.xsl
        ./src/core/context/skins/common/xslt/fo/footerinfo.xsl
        ./src/core/context/skins/common/xslt/svg/document2svg.xsl
        ./src/core/context/resources/stylesheets/changes2rss.xsl
        ./src/core/context/resources/stylesheets/project2text.xsl

> Any idea about how to fix it?

Will look over your ideas below.  My initial thought was creating
something for the skinconf similiar to how "site:" and "ext:" links are
handled via the LinkRewriter but not sure how feasible that would be or
what the impact on processing would be.  This transformer could work on
elements in a "skinconf:" (polluting :) namespace.  This would allow the
skinconf.xml to be more free-form as well, similiar to site.xml.

It'd be nice to be able to just run various bits through a transformer
rather than creating aggregates that include "skinconf.xml" each time

I suspect your ideas below are a little more feasible.  More later once
I have a chance to look them over and think about it a bit.

<snip what="various ideas on how to handle this issue"/>

--
Rick Tessner <rick@onnadayr.ca>