forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject request Apache Forrest TLP setup
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 11:40:54 GMT
Forrest has become a top-level project. We have tried
to outline everything that needs to be attended to.

(i) addresses

Move existing lists:
   forrest-dev@xml.a.o => dev@forrest.a.o
   forrest-user@xml.a.o => user@forrest.a.o
Create new lists:
   pmc@forrest.a.o
   svn@forrest.a.o

The "cvs" postings are currently being directed to "dev".
We want them to go to the new "svn" list only.

All lists are subscriber-only postings and non-subscriber
postings are moderated.

The "pmc" list is to have subscriptions moderated.

The "svn" list is to have subscriptions moderated, as we
do not want to have other archivers like MARC to do it.
Or perhaps there is another way to achieve that, yet still
have our Eyebrowse archive it.

(ii) remote moderators for all lists

   crossley, stevenn

(iii) archives
   mbox
Move from http://xml.apache.org/mail/ to
http://forrest.apache.org/mail/dev/YYYYMM.gz
http://forrest.apache.org/mail/user/YYYYMM.gz

Eyebrowse: dev, user, svn

(iv) options
Same settings for all lists.

   I.   Reply-To: Header       [X] yes   [ ] no
   II.  Prefix in Subject      [ ] yes   [X] no
   III. Eyebrowse              as shown at (iii)
   IV.  Moderation Message     [X] short [ ] long
   V.   Message Trailer        [ ] yes   [X] no

[2] Source repositories

(ii) SVN
Already using SVN. Needs to be moved.
repos/asf/xml/forrest/ => repos/asf/forrest/

What do developers need to do at our end after this?

Also need a new repository for the website at:
repos/asf/www/forrest.apache.org/

[3] Initial committer list

Same as current:
twl,rubys,stefano,morrijr,crossley,stevenn,dirkx,nicolaken,kpiroumian,
bert,mpo,jefft,leosimons,cheche,brondsem,rgardler

Also add antonio to that list. He is from the "cocoon" group
and is now also on the Forrest PMC.

Forrest committers are already able to commit to xml-site
and xml-commons, and we want that to remain.

Cocoon committers are already able to commit to forrest
and we want that to remain.

[4] Issue Tracker

(iii) Jira

We already use Jira at cocoondev.org
For now we will leave that in place and perhaps move
to Apache Jira later.

[5] Distributions

Create www.apache.org/ dist/forrest/
That is where we will put the next release.

Our current distribution is at
http://www.apache.org/ dist/xml/forrest/
We suppose that will remain until after the
next release. Then we move this to archives.apache.org

[6] Snapshots

Create http://cvs.apache.org/ snapshots/forrest/

Remove http://cvs.apache.org/ snapshots/xml-forrest/

Tweak the script that creates the snapshots.

[7] Wiki

We will make a separate request for that when we have
determined our requirements.

[8] Re-direction of xml.apache.org/forrest/

We presume that forrest committers can take care of that
ourself using a .htaccess file.