forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Skins] Donation of the "lenya-site" skin
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 11:08:39 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Dave Brondsema wrote:
> >A better option might be to package it and host it yourself and then we can add
> >it to http://xml.apache.org/forrest/skins/skins.xml (the default skins
> >descriptor)
>
> Jupp, lets do that then. I saw
> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/skin-package.html [1]. So to get it straight:
> I created the lenya-site skin by cp the krysalis-site skin and added the
> lenya specific stuff there. So now my skin is in
> src/core/context/skins/lenya-site.
>
> [1] states:
>
> 1 - forrest package-skin
> The skin package will be made in the skin dir, next to the custom skin.
>
> So I have to run "forrest package-skin" within src/core/context/skins/,
> right?

Run it at the top-level project directory.

> That will create my lenya-site.zip in src/core/context/skins/, right?
> After that I can upload it to our webserver as *.zip, right?

That is correct.

> >so people can still download it and use it easily.
>
> That is the aim to publish our skin. Right now I am the only one that
> can update the lenya-site and that cannot be. If other committer can
> easily install the skin without "touching forrest" I am happy :). ...and
> we all can keep our site up to date.

See the 'forrest available-skins' build target.

Practice by using the "testskin".

Declare the skin in the Lenya forrest.properties

When you are ready we will add the lenya-site skin to the
"skins descriptor" that is used by the "available-skins"
target.

--David