forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Bart Guijt" <>
Subject Generating .js resources using .js.xslt stylesheets...?
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 22:09:41 GMT
Hi all,

I am building a skin for my current assignment, a large bank in the
netherlands. Theire UI guidelines are very specific, and they use a separate
javascript file containing all menu data instead of using just html.

I tried creating a stylesheet menu.js.xslt, which unfortunately only works
after adapting the sitemap context/resources.xmap. More unfortunately, the
stylesheet's source document is just the skinconf.xml used by the .css.xslt
stylesheets just to be sort-of 'compatible'.

In the end, I don't get my menu.js resource as I would like (which is just
simple code which initializes a large array with @href and @label
information). Nor do I like to fiddle with the resources.xmap file to get
what I want.

Can anybody help me? Should I use a <xsl:apply-templates
select="document('cocoon://site.xml')/*" /> - like construction in the
menu.js.xslt stylesheet (which doesn't work!) or should I use an extension
function to redirect output to a file in the document2html stylesheet (yuk)?

Or is a "**.js.xslt" matcher useful in the resources.xmap (generally
speaking, as in out-of-the box supported by Forrest) which uses another
document source (same as used by document2html)?

Thanks for any pointers!

Bart Guijt

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (