forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian S. Hayes" <brian.hay...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: [Proposal] Forrest Signature in HTML source
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:51:13 GMT

> > I just updated the lenya-site. Have a look at the source code of the
> > page http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/. You will find in the head:
>
> We should put the version in there too.
>
> I think it's a good idea to put it at the skin level.  We can have a <meta
> tag
> that has the skin name.  And more importantly some skins might not want to
> have
> any <meta tags, and we shouldn't try to force them to.

I think we should try to set up this meta information so that it will always
appear unless it is overridden in the skin configuration or by a change in
the skin.  Perhaps in the skinconf we could have elements like
disable-generator meta information (perhaps some information cannot be
disable this way, like the Forrest version number).

I think most people will not care that this meta-information is embedded in
the web pages.  Thus, an alternative way to disable this information is to
have an insert-generator-meta-data xslt template that skin authors/hackers
could easily override (by defining their own) in their own site2html.xsl
skin.

Also, we/I should researching putting Forrest generation meta-data into the
PDF documents.

/Brian