forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Vlad Berditchevskiy <v...@hashbang.de>
Subject Re: Generating files with extensions other than .html
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 10:20:02 GMT
Dave Brondsema <dave@brondsema.net> writes:

> First, it might be easiest to just have a script to rename all the html files
> afterwards.  Hrm, maybe I could include this as a post-process target in the
> forrestbot.  At any rate, using this method would also allow you to easily
> upgrade forrest without worring about merging your changes.

But in this case all internal links would be broken!? I'd have to parse
all files and replace .html with .shtml in links, but on this stage it's
very hard do distinguish, which link should be changed and which
shouldn't.

> Did you change cli.xconf?  You can either provide one in your own project at
> (IIRC): src/documentation/conf/cli.xconf or modify Forrest's at
> core/context/WEB-INF/cli.xconf

Thanks you for pointing to this file, I didn't know about it. However I
still can't get it work. I put this file in src/conf (I have no
documentation subdirectory in my project) and set project.conf-dir in
forrest.properties (which defaults to this directory anyway). But
whatever I place in <default-filename> it's just ignored; the default
filename is still index.html.

> You might also want to specifically include index.shtml by using a
> <uri>.  And maybe have an <exclude pattern="**/*.html"/>

I don't understand it: why should I do it and what would it mean
exactly? Does it mean, forrest wouldn't touch any .html file listed in
site.xml?

--
\  /                                       vlad@hashbang.de
 \/lad                                     http://www.hashbang.de