forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Scherler, Thorsten" <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] request Apache Forrest TLP setup
Date Sun, 30 May 2004 21:28:45 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>>>Another thing though is having the archive be publicy available for
>
> searching. The fact is that wiki vandalists would have their vandalism
> recorded in the commit messages and kept public, which makes them want
> to do it again.
>
>>>Because of this I would create a cvs list for the repo commit messages
>
> that has a public and searchable archive (eyebrowse), but also make a
> separate list for the wiki and not have that in eyebrowse.
>
>>>This will change when we have DOCO, but IMHO it's necessary ATM.
>>
>>Okay, we will split them and ask for a wiki@forrest list.
>>The Wiki itself we will ask for separately when we have decided
>>about content policy and access policy.
>

> The only concerns is:
>
> What happend we ggogle for "wiki forrest"?
> The probability to "hidden" the "wiki site" behind a lot of mail for this
> mail is there.
>
> WDYT?

I cannot really understand the big deal about wiki vandalism!
We can always make a rollback of each page. We have the wiki history to
see who edit what (again for each page). If we see abuse of the wiki we
can discuss about steps against it but *first* we have to have a wiki ;-).

IMO we do not need a Wiki-mailinglist. The thing is before the draft
discussion we had only *ONE* mailinglist and now 4. I think that is not
necessary and maybe a wee bit overload.

King regards
thorsten
--