forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Scherler, Thorsten" <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Forrest Signature in HTML source
Date Sun, 30 May 2004 08:43:57 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:

> Quoting "Scherler, Thorsten" <thorsten@apache.org>:
>>Hello Brian, hello devs,
>>
>>Brian S. Hayes wrote:
>>>Okay.  I'm willing to take this on if that's okay. I'll research this a bit
>>>and experiment around with my local Forrest instance to see what I can come
>>>up with.  Naturally, I'll get a discussion going on the list.

>>I just updated the lenya-site. Have a look at the source code of the
>>page http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/. You will find in the head:
>
> We should put the version in there too.
[...]
> I think it's a good idea to put it at the skin level.  We can have a <meta tag
> that has the skin name.  And more importantly some skins might not want to have
> any <meta tags, and we shouldn't try to force them to.

I added the following tags:

IMO the version-tag of Forrest is a story for its own. That should be
automatic where else the other tag do not have to be. I thing something
like <meta name="Forrest-version" content="{version}"/> would be great.
The {version}-parameter should be resolved by forrest so you won't have
to touch it if you use e.g. the SVN-Head. Dunno right now how to do it
but WDYT? Brian do you have any ideas on that?

King regards
thorsten