forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] request Apache Forrest TLP setup
Date Sun, 30 May 2004 07:49:22 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Dave Brondsema wrote:
>>Quoting David Crossley:
>>>Also we will
>>>have the Wiki diffs coming to that list.
>>Yes I agree that we should have it.  But I don't think we need to archive it.
> What is the reason that you do not want it to be archived?

All mailing list must be archived, for tracking purposes. IANAL, and I
don't know how it is in the US, but in Italy any kind of legal entity
must keep their records and mail for a certain number of years.

Another thing though is having the archive be publicy available for
searching. The fact is that wiki vandalists would have their vandalism
recorded in the commit messages and kept public, which makes them want
to do it again.

Because of this I would create a cvs list for the repo commit messages
that has a public and searchable archive (eyebrowse), but also make a
separate list for the wiki and not have that in eyebrowse.

This will change when we have DOCO, but IMHO it's necessary ATM.

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -