forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build.sh and build.bat creating just JAR
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 15:54:36 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hello group,
>
> anybody having the same problem like I do:
>
> If I use the build.sh (Debain@work) or the build.bat (XP@home) the just
> create the
> - /build/xml-forrest.jar
> - /build/classes
>
> ...but the "build/dist/shbat" is missing.
>
> What is wrong and what can I do to get the "build/dist/shbat"?
>
> NOTE:
> This I noticed the first time at the weekend. I am using current SVN-Head.

This is a new feature :-)

We have just included in the trunk the changes done on the copyless
branch. In essence, Forrest does not create a dist anymore, and uses
itself in place. No more useless copying, no more backcopying bugfixes,
all is used live.

To use the new Forrest launch "build" as you already have done, and then
  change FORREST_HOME to point to [forrest]/src/core.

We need more testing to check that all remaining issues are ironed out
before a release, so bug reports and suggestions are welcome :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -