forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Scherler, Thorsten" <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: commit access for lenya-committer
Date Sun, 23 May 2004 11:56:25 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Please try again with a fresh checkout of trunk.

Ok, that was the 10th fresh checkout ;-)

> It should not be this difficult.

You are right! My problem was:
1) I used the eclipse SVN plugin!
I checked out the forrest trunk for more than 5 times. Everytime I was
trying to checkin, I got an error!
2) Then I switched the SVN tool and used TortoiseSVN 1.0.4, Build 1102,
UNICODE. I did that before but back then I didn't set my svn-password.
I am now able to commit and did it :)

> List the exact steps that you do. If we cannot see
> anything wrong with what you are doing. then we will
> ask the infrastructure@a.o people to investigate.

My advice for committer that have access to forrest svn (UNIX-Groups:
cocoon, forrest):
I) Prepare your access:
1) ssh cvs.apache.org (You can check in which groups you are with "groups")
2) svnpasswd $yourUserName
3) then you will be ask for the new password ($newPassword)
4) download and install a SVN client - At the end I used TortoiseSVN
II) Checkout the new Head (with TortoiseSVN-> right mouse->Checkout):
1) https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xml/forrest/ (URL of repository)
2) Head Revision (Revision)
III) Change the file you would like to change
1) Commit (with TortoiseSVN-> right mouse->Commit)
2) Username ($yourUserName)
3) Password ($newPassword)

... cross your fingers and smile (hopefully)

Remarks:
It can be that you will have to wait a time to be able to use your
username and password after you have set this with the ssh-shell. I
waited about a day. So please be patient and try it more than one time ;-).

If you want I can make a note in http://xml.apache.org/forrest/build.html.

King regards
thorsten

P.S.: Thanks very much to David that told me all that in heaps of eMails ;-)

--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>