forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Forrest graduation from Xml.Apache
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 13:33:06 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> maybe another option would be better: going top level.
> This would create a Project, with it's own PMC and
> voting guidelines.

Our proposal:

IIUC nobody seems to be against it, and all currently active committers
have expressed the same preference for the chair and want to be on the PMC:

        * Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
        * Dave Brondsema <>
     CH * David Crossley <>
        * Antonio Gallardo <>
        * Juan Jose Pablos <>

The board meeting is next week, so since there seems to be consensus,
I'd like to ask for a VOTE now... only that we have still a couple of
issues before we do it:

1 - Our Charter:

       ...creation and maintenance of open-source software related to:

       (I wrote) project documentation
       (Dave Brondsema wrote) generating collections of documents (with
         varied and flexible inputs and outputs), maintaining a
         separation of content from presentation

We make docs, this seems clear. So our software is related to the
*generation* of documentation.
I also like the fact that we separate content from presentation, and
have multiple input and out out formats.

What about this:

  "generation of aggregated multi-channel documentation, maintaining a
   separation of content and presentation"

2 - Project Members:

Some notable committers are missing from the proposed PMC members list.
This puzzles me...

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -